Wednesday 8 August 2012

Feathers

Been very brave today and got the feather box out, I'm not great with feathers as it reminds me of plucking chickens as a kid which was the most hated chore on the croft. Ok I know our chickens weren't purple but even those give me a bit of a shudder. However I felt that feathers was the stuff to use on this card and so I just had to focus on the 'champagne' colour. It has been a funny week for my cardmaking as Monday and Tuesday I was doing some  hand cut decoupage from the "Big One" cd, and as my hands aren't brilliant it was very hard work.All 3 cards are for family so they won't appear on here.
So as a treat today I am playing with my PBs and they always bring a smile.I added a sentiment from Whimsy which I thought very useful with my selection of chicken stamps.
Image - Surprise! and Cluck Cluck Cluck! stamps from Penny Black
 coloured with letraset pens.
Paper and card - card blank is an 8x8
and backing paper is from Prima Almanac 6x6 Paper Pack,

Dies used - Spellbinders ovals and square, 
and Go Kreate Ornament Frilly#2,
twine and feathers from stash.

Challenge covered :- Penny Black Saturday Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Flora,
    That card it just so darned cute!!!!
    I love the feathers...........brave lady getting them out, mine hide away in a box somewhere.
    Thank you for all your comments on my Blog.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Flora - love that image!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is adorable flora...love the feathers...thanks for joining in the August Challenge at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love this. Perfect sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading them and knowing that I have company. Crafty hugs. xx Flora