Tuesday 28 August 2012

A little bit further

It has been a wee while and no real excuse, well I did misplace a small die and had to tidy my desk looking for it (should have had a whole work team for that job) , anyway I couldn't believe when I found it placed on the middle of the magnetic sheet holding my grand labels.
Patricia kindly told me where she buys her canvas paper so I nipped to that shop which is opposite the supermarket and picked some up. It would have been really rude not to use it so here is my recipe this time round :- I
painted a background on some plain paper
painted a  variety of die cut leaves and placed them loosely over the background
took a photograph
printed the photograph onto the canvas paper


then I started my card. Getting slightly better at photographing acetate, I hope I remember how I did it next time. I even managed to cut the slit in the acetate to slip the wee mouse through without any pain.
Image - part of Surprise! stamp (1649k) from penny black
coloured with letraset pens and pencils.
 Paper and card - card blank is a 19 x 12cm made using centura pearl card
  backing paper top layer (see above) and lower layer from my stash.
Dies used - Memory box Grapevine Wreath and
Spellbinders circle to cut the acetate,
Card Candi - Newsprint. 

I am entering this card into :- 
       Anything Goes Challenge Blog Challenge #74 Make Your Own Background



2 comments:

  1. Hi Flora....this is gorgeous just love your background colours..those little mice look like they are having fun....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flora - omg, this is awesome! So clever. Love the background. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading them and knowing that I have company. Crafty hugs. xx Flora